Introduction of Email Marketing
“Email marketing”, the term sounds so easy, right? But it is not because it is highly necessary to have complete email marketing skills if you really want to grow your business or spread awareness regarding your business or if you want to increase your network.
Running a successful email marketing campaigns is not easy as apart from sending emails to your clients you need to manage the email database, create newsletter and more.
Today we are going to discuss “email marketing skills” and I am going to mention the top 10 important email marketing skills that you need to have if you are working as an email marketing manager. Apart from this, we will also discuss “Email Marketing skill – Job Description, Role & Responsibilities”.
Read the complete article carefully and if you think that you are not having this skill inside you then it is time to improve your skills. Even the best software development company are using the top email marketing strategies in order engage more clients.
A good email-marketing technique can increase the possibility of conversion rates but to learn those techniques you need to understand multiple concepts. So, join me for the ride and let’s see the “7 essential email marketing skills you must have to become an email marketing specialist”.
Top 7 Essential Email Marketing Managers Skills:
1. Build A Complete List:
It is important to list down few important and unique rewards for your clients. If you have a good number of subscribers, you can impress them with some rewards like:
- Seminar sessions.
- Guest Blogging and more.
2. Integrating Social Media Platforms:
In order to create a brand awareness, social media is considered as one of the best platforms, but do you know that using social media platforms, you can also get more subscribers to your email list? Yes, this is true. Here are some amazing tips through which you can get new subscribers:
- Show your lead magnet on twitter. Make sure you have pinned it on the top of your profile, so whenever a new user will come, they will be able to see it.
- Create a brand-new Facebook page that includes “sign up”, “contact us” buttons.
- Create an account on Instagram and tell your followers to leave their contact details in the comments, so you can communicate with them and tell them about your services in more detail.
3. Avoid Sending SPAM Mails:
If you don’t want to lower your subscribers then focus on the deliverability. You need to make sure that the emails that you are sending are getting received by the right recipient. There are some variables available due to which your deliverability gets affected, some of them include “spam mails, content quality, bouncing mails, bulk emails” and more.
4. Keep Your Subscribers Engaged:
Any new announcements or events lined up? Make your subscribers the top priority and let them see all your upcoming events. You can do this by sending them exclusive emails that you have not published on your blog till now. Apart from this, you can even offer them special deals by sending them a short email that includes all those things that you want to share with your subscribers.
5. Focus On The “Email Open Rate”:
Optimize your emails in such a way that more people will open your email and click on your offers. If you want to receive a higher open rate then it is necessary to write a proper and optimized email. Focus on the points like:
- Email cover (subject, from, preview).
- Send Time (day, date and time).
- Quality of List (size, age, segmentation, subscribers).
6. Keep An Eye On Analytics And Data:
If you are working as an email marketing manager, then you must be comfortable with the dashboard of email service provider. Keeping the record will be helpful for you as you will get an idea about the bounces, click rates, subscribers and more through the email stats.
7. Include An Automation Feature:
Thousands of companies are using the ‘email marketing automation’ feature nowadays. Because of this feature your subscribers will receive an impressive automated email when they will click any link inside an email you have sent, when a new subscriber will be added to the list, when a visitor will convert into a lead and more.
After looking at these 7 email marketing skills, we will now move to the next phase that is the main responsibility of an email marketer, job description, and role.
Email Marketing Job Description
There are many companies who are in need of email marketers who are quite talented and can generate more and more leads using their unique email marketing strategies. You need to communicate with new clients and customers via email campaigns, newsletters and more.
- Create Email Marketing Strategies
- Create Email Marketing Campaigns
- Analyses Email Marketing Campaigns
- Managing Email Marketing Trigger
- A/B Testing of Email
- Tracking and Reporting
You must know what the company does and you should be able to do the promotions of the brand in such a way that more and more people gets aware of it. Increasing the conversion rate is your major responsibility.
Email Marketing Role & Responsibilities
The top responsibilities of an email marketing manager are listed below:
- You must know how to increase your email list and who is your targeted audience.
- You need to create direct email marketing campaigns.
- Before sending the email, proofread it two to three times to make sure that there is no mistake.
- You need to write newsletters that include all the updates related to your company.
- Provide the accurate information otherwise, the number of subscribers can decrease.
- Focus on the improvements and feedbacks that you are getting.
This was all about email marketing skills. I hope you are clear about the description, roles, and responsibilities. The more unique strategies you will think, the more conversion rate will increase. Defeat your competitors with your best marketing tricks and let people believe that your brand is the best.
Spread awareness by taking the full advantage of social media platforms and take your business or company to the next level.