Nowadays, the demand of computer engineers is high. That is why a large number of students are seeking best computer engineering college for admission.
Are you just crazy about to become a successful computer engineer? The demand of computer engineers in India and abroad is consistently rising to to wide expansion of IT industry. Due to immense technological development, it is not a surprise that approx 38% of all technological experts work in computer engineering – software (11%) and hardware (27%). Master’s of computer engineer or higher qualified candidates should have greater prospects in this field. Hence, it is important that an aspirant should pass out from the top computer engineer college.
What is computer engineering?
Computer engineers develop and design computer systems and other technological equipments that are needed in various industries in addition to IT industry. It is the branch of engineering that integrates computer sciences with electronic engineering. Computer Engineers are sometimes described as Electrical Engineers with particular training in computer hardware.
Some good examples of the devices developed and created by Computer Engineers are the video and computer games, and mobile phone that have become a everyday need for everyone. Some unique fields of Computer Engineering include design of VLSI (Very Large Scale Integrated) systems for computing hardware, and many necessary equipments of computers like electronic circuitry and memories, including digital hardware and analog circuits.
The operation and design of communication networks and computer networks has become a primary component of Computer Engineering. But do not forget that if you also want to become a successful computer engineer, you have to take admission in top computer engineering college in India.
What is the work of computer engineers?
Computer hardware engineers develop, design, research, and test components and computer systems like routers, networks, memory devices, circuit and processors. It includes:
• Memory chips: nonvolatile rewritable flash memory, ROM (read-only memory), RAM (random-access memory)
• Networking components: routers, switches, modems and adapters
• Output devices: remote controls, audio devices, monitors and printers
• Input devices: remote sensors, touch screens, scanners, microphones, keyboards, cameras, gaming controllers and joysticks
• Data storage devices: optical drives, solid-state drives and hard disks
The key role of computer engineers is to integrate these devices into network systems and computers. This needs excellent working skills of electrical engineering.
Some other significant characteristic of computer engineering is software development. It includes:
• Operating systems
• Security: Encryption, firewalls, antivirus and user authentication
• Programming languages: Debugging, compiling and editing
• Utilities: backup systems, archiving, device drivers, disk management and file handling
• Communications and networking: Instant email and messaging, VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol), WWW (World Wide Web)
• Applications: Graphics, accounting, database management, spreadsheets, word processing, CAM (computer-assisted manufacturing), CAD (computer-assisted design), video, audio, games and media
Future of computer engineering
Jobs of software developers are projected to increase 22% from 2012 to 2022, which is faster than the other occupations. The major reason for the fast development is a huge increase in the demand of computer software. Having a high score from the top computer engineering college provides a job seeker many benefits over the competition.